There was once a shepherd who had a daughter whose great beauty1a lot of young men from all over the country.
One day, the shepherd asked his daughter, “Dear, what kind of2do you want to be your husband？”
The daughter said, “My future husband can be poor3also a wealthy man.”
“How could that be？ Poor and rich are two4things！” said her father.
“Dear father, a poor person also has his wealth,” said the daughter. The shepherd then announced that his daughter was ready for5 .
Therefore, there were many men6outside the shepherd is home. A few7gentlemen came forward followed by their servants and camels8gifts. “We are rich men. We have jewelry, silk, fur and red carpets. Please9one of us.” The shepherd is daughter just10 .
One11one young men came forward but they were turned12by her. The shepherd began to worry.
Suddenly, a plainly dressed young man appeared.
The shepherd asked, “Young man, you look so poor. What can you13my daughter？”
“My wealth is always with me and it is my14 ,” the young man said. “I am a good tailor. I am also a good15 . I can make tables and chairs within an hour.”
The lady smiled. The young man continued, “I can cook too. I can cook16meals. I do not have17servants or jewelry. But with my pair of hands, I18have a whole life of wealth！”
“That is great！” shouted the shepherd is daughter19 . “You are wealthier than any of them because you have a pair of precious hands. You are my20of an ideal husband！”
1. A. drew B. pulled C. attracted D. absorbed
2. A. men B. man C. a man D. the man
3. A. but B. and C. so D. or
4. A. same B. similar C. opposite D. different
5. A. work B. job C. project D. marriage
6. A. seating B. seated C. gathered D. gathering
7. A. old B. well dressed C. ragged D. poorly dressed
8.A. carried B. carry C. carrying D. having carried
9. A. have B. elect C. choose D. make
10. A. smiled B. laughed C. cried D. glared
11. A. by B. after C. to D. past
12. A. out B. in C. up D. down
13. A. help B. offer C. supply D. provide
14. A. heart B. hands C. feet D. food
15. A. carpenter B. worker C. employee D. artist
16. A. smelly B. dull C. terrible D. delicious
17. A. many B. any C. much D. some
18. A. did B. would C. could D. do
19. A. excitedly B. obviously C. bitterly D. badly
20. A. plan B. future C. idea D. advice
学生可通过所提供的信息材料找出关键词：shepherd; daughter; future husband; poor; wealthy; rich; smile; shout; precious hands理解大概意思。接着先做会做的。如：2、3、4、6、8、12。
2. B考查冠词。kind of后名词用单数且前需用零冠词，固定用法，故选B。
8. C考查非谓语动词。carried形式错，过去分词表示被动；having carried强调时间先后，故也错；carrying表示伴随状态，故选C。
9. C考查动词。elect 表示用投票选举，当时不可能。故选C。
12. D考查动词短语。turn out意为“生产，结果”；turn in意为“上交，向内弯”；turn up意为“出现”。只有turn down表示“拒绝”。
13. B考查动词短语。 ACD正确的句型：help sb.with sth.；provide/supply sb. with sth.，都不适合， 故选B。
16. D考查形容词。根据情节，赞扬poor gentleman，故D是正确答案。
1. There was once a shepherd who had a daughter whose great beauty attracted a lot of young men from all over the country.
此句是一个复合句。它有三个主谓结构，分别是There was once a shepherd; who had a daughter; whose great beauty attracted a lot... 主句是There was once a shepherd。有两个从句并且都是定语从句。第一句由who引导：who had a daughter；第二句由whose引导：whose great beauty attracted a lot of young men from all over the country.
2. How could that be？ 那怎么可能？
3. A few well?鄄dressed gentlemen came forward followed by their servants and camels carrying gifts.
此句是简单句。followed by their servants是过去分词短语作伴随状语；carrying gifts是现在分词短语作定语。