Mr. and Mrs. Harris had always spent their summer holidays in a small hotel at the seaside near their hometown. One year, however(然而) , Mr. Harris made a lot of 1 in his business, 2 they decided to go to a foreign country and stay at a really good 3 .
They flew to Rome, and 4 at a 5-star hotel late in the evening. They thought they would have to go to bed hungry, because in that 5 hotel where they had been used to stay in the past, no meals were served (供应) 6 seven in the evening. They were 7 to be told that the hotel served dinner until ten.
“Then what are the times 8 meals?” asked Mrs. Harris.
“Well, madam, we serve breakfast from seven to eleven, lunch from twelve to three, 9 from four to five, and dinner from six to ten.”
“But that hardly 10 any time for us to see the city!” said Mrs. Harris.
1. A. mistakes B. time C. friends D. money
2. A. but B. so C. though D. yet
3. A. hotel B. place C. city D. restaurant
4. A. stayed B. got C. arrived D. reached
5. A. small B. big C. foreign D. good
6. A. on B. after C. during D. until
7. A. tired B. interested C. surprised D. worried
8. A. with B. on C. at D. of
9. A. drink B. tea C. beer D. food
10. A. takes B. does C. has D. leaves
2．B。made a lot of money与下文go to a foreign country构成因果关系， 故选so。
3．A。与下文他们住进a 5-star hotel相对应，这里应选择hotel。
4．C。表示到达目的地，reach可直接接宾语， get后应加介词to， arrive为不接物动词，后应加介词in或at才能接宾语，所以arrive为正确选项。
8．D。of常用来表示所有关系，the times of the meals表示“每顿饭的供应时间”。