当前位置:网校排名 > 环球网校 > 环球网校资讯 > 第29课:阅读与复习_初级英语口语

环球网校

第29课:阅读与复习_初级英语口语

发布时间:2016-04-20 来源:环球网校 发布人:wyznl

新人领150元优惠券,戳我吧

新英语900句视频版 第29课:阅读与复习 文本如下:

Gary, my brother. Gary Whitney Crawford, Jr.

我哥哥维特尼·郭佛,
He looks just like me, you know, Joana. At least he used to.
你知道的, 琼娜他和我长得一模一样, 至少以前很像.
He's eighteen months older than I am, but as kids we used to wear the same clothes and pretend we were twins!
他比我大十八个月, 但是我们小的时候都穿同样的衣服, 假装我们是双胞胎.
Gary was the greatest brother in the world, and in many ways, he was may father, too.
葛瑞是个全世界最好的哥哥, 在很多方面, 他也可作我爸爸.
Dad didn't have time for me.
我爸爸没有时间陪我,
He was too busy.
他太忙碌了.
Gary and I went to the same college, but that's when things started to change.
我和葛瑞上同一间大学, 可是到那个时候, 情况就开始转变了,
He studied business.
他学商了.
Why did he study business?
他为甚么学商业?
Because my father wanted him to.
因为我爸爸要他这样做,
He used to study night and day.
他日以继夜的念书,
I studied art and worked hard at it.
我学艺术, 而且很用功.
But I had time for my friends, too.
不过, 我还有时间和朋友在一起.
Gary and I saw each other less and less.
我和葛瑞彼此见面的机会愈来愈少.
When Gary graduated, he went to work for my father.
葛瑞毕业以后就到我爸爸的公司去作事.
He stayed at the office until late at night.
他很晚才离开办公室,
He kept to himself a lot.
不常和别人交谈.
Like my father, Gary was always busy.
葛瑞像我爸爸一样, 一天到晚忙着.
Then one night, Gary and my father had a terrible fight.
后来有一天晚上, 葛瑞和爸爸吵架, 吵得惊天动地.
The next morning Gary moved out.
第二天早上葛瑞就搬走了,
We never saw him again.
我们以后再也没有看到他.
About a year ago, a college friend of mine saw Gary in London.
大概一年以前, 我大学时代的一个同学在伦敦看到葛瑞,
He was with a woman and a baby.
他和一个女的还有一个小孩在一起.
My friend was sure it was Gary. 我
那个同学确定那是葛瑞,
He never forgets a face.
他永远不会忘记那张脸.
I would like to write about two people, a man and a woman.
我要写的是关于两个人, 一个男人和一个女人的故事.
They live quiet lives.
他们过着很平静的生活,
When they go out into the street, no one asks for their autographs, but everyone in their profession knows and respects them.
当他们出门在街上走的时候, 没有人要求他们的亲笔签名, 但是他们的同行都知道他们, 也都尊敬他们,
They work as a team.
他们一起工作如同一个小组.
The woman is a journalist.
女的是位新闻记者,
The man is a photographer.
男的是位摄影师.
They met on their first job.
他们是在担任第一份工作的时候认识的,
They both worked for a famous picture magazine.
两个人同在一个有名的书刊杂志社作事.
She wrote the articles, and he took the photographs.
她负责写文章, 而他负责照相片.
The magazine sent them all over the world to cover important events.
杂志社派他们到世界各地去采访重要的新闻,
They won many awards and medals.
他们赢得了很多奖赏和徽章.
One day the magazine went bankrupt.
有一天杂志社破产了,
Many other magazines and newspapers offered them positions,
很多其他杂志社和报社都提供他们工作的职位,
but at this point the man and the woman decided to work independently.
但在这个时候, 他们决定从事独立作业方式.
She decided she wanted to write a book about her experiences at the magazine.
她决定写一本描述她在书刊杂志社工作时的经过,
He wanted to work on a photographic essay on bonsai.
他则想作一本盆栽的照片专集.
For once, they did not worry about deadlines and editors.
他们首次可以不用为截稿日期和编辑而烦恼.
They enjoyed their work and grew professionally.
他们工作感到很愉快, 而逐渐崭露头角.
Their books were successful.
他们的书都很畅销,
When they finished their separate projects,
当完成了个别的计划之后,
they decided to work as a team again.
他们决定再度合作.
Now they are ready to go, day or night, on a moment's notice.
现在他们随时准备出动,
When there are earthquakes in Honduras, they are there.
当宏都拉斯发生大地震时,他们在那里采访;
When there are battles in the Middle East, they are there.
当中东有战役时,他们在那里访问;
When there are local tragedies, they are there, too.
当地方发生悲惨事件时,他们也在那儿采访.
My parents are a great team.
我的父母就是这个伟大小组的成员.
James Yamamoto
山本杰美斯
Look at all those people.
看看那许多人,
They all have good jobs and houses in the country.
他们都有很好的工作,并且在乡下都拥有房子,
OK., maybe all of them don't have houses in the country, but they probably have more than you.
好吧!他们不一定每一个人都在乡下有房子,但是或许他们拥有的比你还多.
Laura, stop it.
得了,罗拉,
Don't feel so sorry for yourself.
不要为自己感到难过,
Nobody likes to get out and look for a job.
没有一个人喜欢出来找工作,
I'm getting depressed again.
我又情绪低落了,
It's time for a change.
该是换换环境了,
Maybe I'll meet someone in an elevator, and he'll offer me a wonderful job.
也许我会在电梯里认识一个人,然后他将提供给我一份理想的工作,
My worries will be over.
我就没有烦恼,
Stop it, Laura. Be realistic.
得了,罗拉,现实点.
Yes, it's time for a change.
对,我应该换一个环境了,
I hate offices.
我讨厌办公室,
I don't hate work - that's why I got the job with Crawford - but I don't like offices.
我不厌恶工作,所以才到郭佛那里去作事,但是我不喜欢办公室,
I don't feel human in an office.
我觉得在公司里不像个人.
I'd rather work with people than with files and typewriters.
我喜欢和别人接触,不喜欢和档案、打字机作伴.
But how?
要怎么样才可以呢?
I could be a real estate agent, a travel agent,
我可以当房地产经纪人、旅行经纪人、
a... anything, as long as it isn't boring.
或什么都行,只要不令人无聊就可以.
Claire's going to law school.
克蕾尔正读法律学校.
Crawford's son, what's his name? ...Michael, Yes.
郭佛的儿子,他叫什么名字? ...麦可.对了,
He wants to be an artist.
他想作艺术家.
Henry Leeds likes his job.
亨利·里德斯喜欢他的工作,
He doesn't want to do anything else.
他不想再做其他事情,
It is possible to be happy at your job.
一个人能从自己的工作得到快乐,到底不是不可能的.
I could teach Spanish.
我可以教西班牙文,
No, I don't have the patience.
不,我没有这份耐心.
I think I'd to be my own boss.
我想我会喜欢自己当老板.
I like to sew.
我喜欢做针线.
Maybe I could open a small dress shop.
也许我可以开一家小服装店.
I wonder how much you need to start a shop.
不知道开一个店需要多少钱.
My head is spinning.
我头昏脑胀,
I must be getting hungry.
大概是饿了吧,
I'm tired, too.
而且也疲倦.
Maybe I'm getting a cold.
也许我感冒了,
No. You're not getting a cold.
不,你并不是感冒,
You're just depressed. And scared.
你只是沮丧和害怕.
A dress shop. I'll have to think about that.
开一家服装店,这个应该多研究研究.
Would you like to order now?
小姐想吃什么?


阅读推荐:catti培训 catti培训班 新东方口译 环球网校翻译资格

上一篇:第46课:生日聚会_初级英语口语

下一篇:第34课:阅读与复习_初级英语口语

相关阅读

老师推荐

扩展阅读