发布时间：2016-05-11 来源：环球网校 发布人：wyznl
英语900句 Lesson 23:Neighborhood
1. I have lived at twenty-four university street for twenty years.
2. Great changes have taken place in the neighborhood for the past decade.
3. There are used to be a pop store on the corner, now it is replaced by a supermarket.
4. There are clinics, schools and other services in this community.
5. Mr. White is my neighbor, we live on the same street.
6. The apartment next door has been for long time.
7. My neighbors me from time to time.
8. Kilven has a green , his garden is a sea of flower.
9. Mrs. Cooper is very hospitable, and always keep her house open.
10. My neighbor will take care of our house if we take a vocation out.
11. The kids in the neighborhood always jump across the defence into his garden.
12. Jacky is a Hi-Fi junkie, and always keep his stero on as loud as possible.
13. Lots of ever green trees have been planted along the roads.
14. There are tower building of the steet.
Number one, a telephone call from a neighbor.
The telephone is ringing. Judy picks up the receiver.
A. Hello, Judy is speaking. Who is calling, please?
B. This is Phiana, Judy. I'm sorry to call you late, but I want you do me favor.
A. Oh, it's all right. How can I help you?
B. I'm taking a trip to to see my mother in law tomorrow. She just broke her leg, and needs help. It came out a sudden, Judy. I wasnt' prepared.
A. I'm sorry to hear that, Phianna. Can I help you?
B. Yes, when I'm away. Will you take care of my dog?
A. No problem, I love Peter.
B. And the garden? I know you have a green sun. Will you help me the garden? Besides, I don't want Kids to jump across the fence into the garden.
A. I'm try my best.
B. And as the house might be empty for a while, will you tell the milkman and the newspaper boy to stop delivery?
A. I will. I hope everything as fine as you .
B. It's very kind of you, Judy. Thanks a million.
Number two, A new neighber visits.
A. Good evening, Mrs. Bill. We met last week at the church. I'm your new neighbor, Bill, Clerk.
B. Oh, Mr. Clerk. Welcome to my house. Come on in.
A. I'm sorry to bother you. But I'd like to ask you some questions.
B. I'm never too busy to help a neighbor, Mr. Clerk. What would you like to know?
A. Well, first, will you tell me what time the milkman comes? When will the newspaper boy come every morning? And which day are the letters delivered?
B. That's simple. The milk and newspaper comes every morning at around six thirty. The postman will be here every Thursday afternoon.
A. Are there any clinics nearby?
B. Sure, I have lived in this community for around ten years. And I do love it. There are clinics, stores, schools, churches, post offices and other services here. The clinic is just oppsite the street, oppsite the post office. It is open around o'clock.
A. Thank you very much for your help, Mrs. Bill. En.. there is something else. I have some noddie boys, Mrs. Bill. They jumped across of the fense yesterday and made a mess of your garden. My wife and I are very sorry about that.
B. Ha, Oh, there are your boys. It doesn't matter. Tell your wife and your kids to in on me whenever they have time. By the way, There is another thing I must get , too.
A. What's that?
B. Your stereo system must be the best quality. They are so loud that I can hear clearly.
A. The boys again. I'm very sorry, Mrs. Bill. I'll see to it.