1. The rules are too rigid to allow for human error.
C. complex D. direct
2. This species has nearly died out because its habitat is being destroyed.
A. turned dead B. passed by
C. carried away D. become extinct
3. The contract between the two companies will expire soon.
A. shorten B. end
C. start D. resume
4. Three world-class tennis players came to content for this title.
A. argue B. claim
C. wish D. compete
5. The methods of communication used during the war were primitive.
C. effective D. alternative
6. Respect for life is a cardinal principle of the law.
A. moral B. regular
7. The drinking water has became contaminated with lead.
C. tested D. corrupted
8. Come out, or I’ll bust the door down.
A. shut B. set
9. She shed a few tears at her daughter’s wedding.
A. wiped B. injected
10. They didn’t seem to appreciate the magnitude of the problem.
A. existence B. importance
C. cause D. situation
11. The tower remains intact ever after two hundred years.
A. unknown B. unusual
12. Many experts remain skeptical about his claims.
C. certain D. silent
13. The proposal was endorsed the majority of members.
A. rejected B. submitted
C. considered D. approved
14. Rumors began to circulate about his financial problems.
A. send B. spread
C. hear D. confirm
15. The police will need to keep a wary eye on this area of town.
A. naked B. cautious
C. blind D. private
阅读推荐：职称英语培训 环球网校职称英语 新东方职称英语 环球网校职称英语培训 职称英语网校哪家好