1. Come out，or I’ll bust the door down.
A shut B break
C set D beat
2. The police will need to keep a wary eye on this area of town.
A naked B blind
C cautious D private
3. The rules are too rigid to allow for human error.
A general B inflexible
C complex D direct
4. It seemed incredible that he had been there a week already.
A right B unbelievable
C obvious D unclear
5. These animals migrate south annually in search of food.
A explore B inhabit
C prefer D travel
6. Rumors began to circulate about his financial problems.
A send B hear
C confirm D spread
7. She came across three children sleeping under a bridge.
A found by chance B passed by
C took a notice of D woke up
8. I have little information as regards her fitness for the post.
A about B at
C with D from
9. As a politician，he knows how to manipulate public opinion.
A express B divide
C influence D voice
10. He was tempted by the high salary offered by the company.
A taught B kept
C changed D attracted
11. He paused，waiting for her to digest the information.
A withhold B exchange
C understand D contact
12. Make sure the table is securely anchored.
A repaired B cleared
C booked D fixed
13. She gets aggressive when she is drunk.
A offensive B worried
C sleepy D anxious
14. There was something peculiar in the way he smiles.
A different B strange
C wrong D funny
15. The contract between the two companies will expire soon.
A shorten B end
C start D resume