发布时间：2016-03-07 来源：环球网校 发布人：wyznl
1. America's emphasis on the importance of education for everyone has spurred scientific research.
A. encouraged B. endangered C. endorsed D. enlarged
2. Photojournalist Margaret White became famous for her coverage of significant events during the Second World War.
A. baggage B. orphanage C. reportage D. usage
3. Below 600 feet ocean waters range from dimly lit to completely dark.
A. inadequately B. hardly C. faintly D. sufficiently
4. "I'm not meddling," Mary said mildly. "I'm just curious."
A. gently B. shyly C. weakly D. sweetly
5. In 1861 it seemed inevitable that the southern states would break away from the Union.
A. strange B. certain C. inconsistent D. proper
6. Many of novelist Carson McCullers' characters are isolated, disappointed people.
A. solitary B. gloomy C. feeble D. frugal
7. The workers finally called off the strike.
A. put off B. ended C. cancelled D. participated in
8. John has made up his mind not to go to the meeting.
A. wanted B. promised C. decided D. agreed
9. I catch cold now and then.
A. always B. occasionally C. constantly D. regularly
10. He often finds fault with my work.
A. criticizes B. praises C. evaluates D. talks about