发布时间：2016-03-07 来源：环球网校 发布人：wyznl
1. When we visited the country, our principal impression was one of poverty and hardship.
A. main B. central C. unforgettable D. strong
2. I didn't help him. I would have however didn't have the money.
A. or B. but C. otherwise D. still
3. Smoking is not permitted in the office.
A. probable B. possible C. admitted D. allowed
4. Gambling is lawful in this state.
A. legal B. irresistible C. enjoyable D. profitable
5. You don't need to carry large amounts of cash; actually all financial businesses will be conducted by computers.
A. transmissions B. transitions C. transactions D. transportation
6. The people who speak Esperanto hope that the language someday will become the international language for trade, science, and diplomacy.
A. common B. unique C. official D. well-known
7. All dogs are capable of doing harm to human beings.
A. damage B. injury C. danger D. wound
8. They have been tightening their belts for months, adapting themselves to a war economy.
A. modifying B. adopting C. arranging D. adjusting
9. What makes a major success in Los Angeles is the strength of his public support.
A. concentration B. intensity C. conservation D. stress
10. They had put up with the behavior from their son which they would not have tolerated from anyone else.
A. accepted B. suffered C. endured D. received