发布时间：2017-05-31 来源：中学网校 发布人：继续
1.●calculate v. 计算， 核算 It has been calculated that …
eg. It has been calculated that at least 47000 jobs were lost last year.
(be) calculated to do sth. eg. The speech was calculated to win votes.
2. call v. 叫;喊;打电话 a girl called Mary a girl calling herself Mary
call on call at sp. call for call up call off call in
3. calm adj. 镇静的、沉着的 calm down v.使镇静 keep calm
4. camp n.营 v.野营;宿营 summer camp 夏令营 go camping 去野营
5. can 否定：cannot= can’t
can’t help doing = can’t help but do 禁不住
can not…too… = can never…too… 越…越好/再…也不为过
You can never be too careful when crossing the street.
6. care n. 照料;保管 take care of 照顾、保管 take care (that)…当心
v. 在乎;介意 I don’t care. 我不在乎/我不放在心上。
care for 喜欢;照顾 care about 关心;在乎
7. careful adj. 仔细的;小心的 be careful of… 当心,小心 listen carefully
8. carry v. 拿;搬;运;背 carry on 继续、进行 carry out 实施、执行
9. case n. 情况;案件;病例 in case 句子/in case of 名词 万一
in this/that case 如果这样/那样的话 in no case 绝不
as is often the case 事实往往如此 eg: As is often the case, women live longer than man.
There are some cases where this method won’t work.
10. ◎cash n. 现金 pay in cash /by check vt. 兑现 ~ a check
cash in on…从...获得利润 The shop are cashing in on temporary shortage by raising prices.
11.●cast v. 扔，抛，撒
cast your net wide cast about/ around for sth cast sb./ sth out
cast sb./ sth aside be cast away be cast down cast sth off
12. catch—caught—caught catch up with 赶上
catch sight of 看见 catch sb. doing 撞见/捉住某人做某事
catch one’s eye= attract one’s attention 引起某人注意;引人注目
13.●cater v. 提供(承办)酒席，满足需求
cater for sth/sb : The class caters for all ability ranges.
cater to sth/ sb: It catered for all tastes.
14. cattle n. 牛(总称)单复同形 The cattle are in the shed. 牛在牛棚里。
15. cause n. 原因、起因 cause and effect 因果
the cause of fire/cancer 火灾/癌症的起因
v. 引起;促使 The storm left, ____ a lot of damage to this area.
16. ◎cautious adj. 谨慎的 小心的 be cautious of/ about...
caution n. 谨慎 小心 with caution 小心地
vt. 警告...小心... caution sb. to do caution sb. against... 警告某人警惕
We were cautioned not to drive too fast.
17. celebrate v. 庆祝 celebrate one’s birthday celebrate Christmas
18.◎central adj. 中心的，中央的 central bank/government
1) 主要的，首要的 play a central role in… 在…起着主导作用。
centre n. in the centre of the room
v. centre on /upon/ round /around…把…当中心 使…成为中心
19.◎ceremony n. 典礼，仪式 1) attend a wedding ceremony
2) stand on ceremony 拘于礼节 without ceremony 粗鲁无礼，不拘礼节
20. certain adj. 确定的;无疑的 certainly adv.
be certain of= be sure of 对…确信的 be certain to do =be sure to do 一定会、必然
make sure/certain of… 保证、弄清楚 * It is certain that…