当前位置:网校排名 > 新东方在线 > 新东方在线资讯 > 第31课:怎么认识的_初级英语口语

第31课:怎么认识的_初级英语口语

发布时间:2016-04-20来源:中华网发布人:wyznl
直播课程

新英语900句视频版 第31课:怎么认识的 文本如下:

MIGUEL: Marta, how did you meet Michael Crawford?

玛它,你是怎样认识麦可·郭佛的?
MARTA: It's a funny story. One day while I was coming down 88th Street,
说起来真好笑,有一天我顺着八十八街走的时候,
MARTA: I tripped and fell.
失足跌倒了,
MARTA: My packages spilled all over the sidewalk.
携带的东西都散落了整个人行道.
MARTA: I twisted my ankle, and I couldn't stand up.
我的脚踝扭伤,简直无法站起来.
MIGUEL: Didn't anyone help you?
没有人帮你吗?
MARTA: A couple was passing by and helped me pick up my groceries. They even carried them home for me. The guy was Michael.
刚好有一对男女走过,他们帮助我把东西拣起来,还替我拿回家去,那个男的就是麦可.
MIGUEL: How long ago was that?
多久以前的事?
MARTA: Oh, about a year ago, I guess. Then, as we were walking home, he mentioned he lived in the neighborhood. So I made a friend.
噢,大概一年以前.我想。然后在回家的途中,他说他就住在附近,于是我们交了朋友,
MARTA: He gives me English lessons, too.
他还替我补习英文.
MIGUEL: But he's a painter, isn't he?
咦?他不是一个画家吗?
MARTA: Yes, I think so. Why?
嗯,好像是,你为什么问这个?
MIGUEL: I'm just putting two and two together.
举一反三嘛!
MARTA: What do you mean?
什么意思?
MIGUEL: I saw a picture of Michael on Pedro's desk.
我在佩德罗的书桌上看到麦可的照片.
MARTA: Michael and Pedro!
麦可和佩德罗!
MARTA: I didn't know they knew each other.
他们彼此认识,我倒还不知道.
MIGUEL: Neither did I. But apparently, they used to be best friends.
我也不知道.不过,很显然的,他们一度是最好的朋友.
MARTA: Really?
真的?
MARTA: They don't seem to have much in common.
他们好像并没有什么共同点,
MARTA: What happened?
是怎么回事?
MIGUEL: To make a long story short, Michael's old girlfriend fell in love with Pedro.
长话短说,麦可以前的女朋友与佩德罗相爱了.
MARTA: Oh.
噢,
MARTA: That sounds like Pedro.
听起来就像是佩德罗干的.
MIGUEL: No, it wasn't exactly Pedro's fault, but Michael wouldn't speak to him after that.
不,这不完全是佩德罗的过失,但是从那个时候起,麦可就不愿意和他说话了.
MARTA: That's understandable.
那是可以了解的.
MIGUEL: Maybe. But it's a shame.
也许.不过,我总觉得那是很丢人的.
MARTA: Well, Michael is sensitive. That's why he's so charming.
嗯,麦可就是敏感一点,所以才那么令人着迷.
MIGUEL: Yes, but now that Michael is seeing Joana, I hope he'll forgive Pedro.
不错,但是麦可既然和琼娜在谈恋爱,我希望他会原谅佩德罗.
MARTA: You don't have to worry about Pedro.
你用不着替佩德罗担忧.
MIGUEL: I know, but I think a good friendship deserves a second chance.
我知道,但是我认为深厚的友情应该有言归于好的机会.
MARTA: So do I, but...
我也这样觉得,不过...
MIGUEL: And Pedro needs his old friend. He's very lonely.
尔且佩德罗需要他的老朋友,他非常孤单.
MARTA: Lonely? Every time I see him he's with a different woman.
孤单?每次我看到他都和不同的女孩子在一起.


阅读推荐:英语口语培训 电话英语培训 外教一对一 新东方在线英语口语 新东方英语口语

上一篇:第27课:宴会_初级英语口语

下一篇:第8课:一个晚宴_初级英语口语

相关阅读

老师推荐

扩展阅读