发布时间：2016-05-17 来源：新东方在线 发布人：
Lesson 2 Breakfast or lunch? 早餐还是午餐？
It was Sunday. I never get up early on Sundays. I sometimes stay in bed until lunchtime. Last Sunday I got up very late. I looked out of the window. It was dark outside. 'What a day!' I thought. 'It's raining again.' Just then, the telephone rang. It was my aunt Lucy. 'I've just arrived by train,' she said. 'I'm coming to see you.'
'But I'm still having breakfast,' I said.
'What are you doing?' she asked.
'I'm having breakfast,' I repeated.
'Dear me,' she said. 'Do you always get up so late? It's one o'clock!'
1. 起床：get up= get out of bed= be up；早起：rise/get up early in the morning
例：She rose with the lark. 她一大早就起床了。
an early(/a late) riser / an early bird: 早起（/晚起）的人
The early bird catches the worm. 早起的鸟才能捉到虫（捷足先登）。
2. It was Sunday. = Today was Sunday (again).
Sunday is the first day of the week but westerners start to work on Monday as they don't often work on Sundays. 星期天是一周的第一天，但是西方人周一才开始一周的工作，因为他们周日往往都不外出工作。
3. I sometimes stay in bed until lunchtime.
(1) sometimes =once in a while =occasionally =at times =not often =from time to time 有时，偶尔
例：My son raises queer questions ~. 我儿子时不时提出些奇怪的问题。
(2) stay in bed 躺在床上，卧床休息
例：The man gets injured in the fire, so he had to stay in bed for two weeks. 那人在火灾中受伤了，所以需要卧床休息两周。
(3) until 直到……时候才（开始做），在……（时间）之前（一直没有做）。
A B (延续性动词) until _____ (时间点): A保持B的动作状态/状况，一直到_____ （时间点）为止（不再延续了/B动作结束了）。
I slept the whole night until 9:00 a.m. 我睡了一整晚，直到上午9：00才起床。
I worked in the field until my daughter called me back for lunch. 我在田里忙着干农活，直到女儿叫我回家吃午饭。
A B [does not do/didn't started/began to do (延续性动词)] until _____ (时间点): A没有开始某个动作，直到_____ （时间点）才开始做这个动作，可是这个动作一开，就结束了，因为它不具有延续性。
The meeting didn't start until 16:20 and it lasted thee hours. It continued until 18:20 (it didn't end until 18:20.)
Train does not arrive at Xinyang Station until 11:00 p.m. so we still have enough time. I suggest we have a drink together. So we can stay together until you get on the train.
4. Last Sunday I got up very late.
You are late for school, so you may have overslept this morning. 你今天上学迟到了，所以说你或许睡过头了。
On Sundays I like to sleep late. 星期天我爱睡懒觉。
5. I looked out of the window/door.
look out of: 朝外看/张望
6. It was dark outside.
outside=outdoors=in the open air
7. 'What a day!' I thought. 'It's raining again.'
(1) What a day! =What terrible weather! 什么鬼天气！
(2) I thought =I thought aloud =I talked to myself 想到就说出，自言自语
(3) It's raining again. 抱怨天又下雨了。（进行时）
8. Just then, the telephone rang.
=All of a sudden, I heard the phone ringing (there was a phone call). 就在此时（突然间），有人打来电话。
=I was complaining about the bad weather when someone rang me up/called me/the phone rang.
9. I've just arrived by train.
= I travel by train (by taking a train) from my place to your place for a visit.
= I took a train trip to visit you from my place.
= I took a train to visit you and now I am in your city.
on foot 步行，by bicycle/bike 骑自行车，by bus 乘公共汽车，by car 乘小汽车，by train 乘火车，by land 由陆路，by plane/air 乘飞机，by boat 乘船，by sea 由海路
10. she said. 'I'm coming to see you.'
=I am on a trip to visit. =I make a point of visiting you.
11. 'But I'm still having breakfast, ' I said.
Have/take a meal =have breakfast/lunch/supper/a dinner 吃饭
12. 'What are you doing?' she asked.
=I can't believe my eyes, but at this hour you should still do that.
13. 'I'm having breakfast,' I repeated.
I repeated. =I said that again.
14. 'Dear me,' she said. 'Do you always get up so late? It's one o'clock!'
Dear me =Oh my God =Jesus Christ =My goodness =Good heavens =Good God =Holy cow =Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. =I never thought Bill would remarry. 我的天哪！