发布时间：2016-07-14 来源：新东方在线 发布人：继续
On May 27, 1995, our life was suddenly changed. It happened a few minutes past three, 1 my husband, Chris, fell from his horse as it 2 over a fence. Chris was paralyzed(瘫痪) from the chest down, 3 to breathe normally. As he was thrown from his horse, we entered into a life of 4 with lots of unexpected challenges. We went from the “haves” to the “have-nots”. Or so we thought.
5 what we discovered later were all the gifts that came out of 6 difficulties. We came to learn that something 7 could happen in a disaster. All over the world people 8 Chris so much that letters and postcards poured in every day. By the end of the third week in a 9 center in Virginia, about 35,000 pieces of 10 had been received and sorted.
As 11 , we opened letter after letter. They gave us 12 and became a source of strength for us. We used them to 13 ourselves. I would go to the pile of letters marked with “Funny” if we needed a 14 , or to the “Disabled” box to find advice from people in wheelchairs or 15 in bed living happily and 16 .
These letters, we realized, had to be shared. And so 17 we offer one of them to you.
My husband and I were so sorry to hear of your 18 accident last week. No doubt your family and your friends are giving you the strength to face this 19 challenge. People everywhere are also giving you best wishes every day and we are among those who are keeping you 20 .
1. A. since B. before C. when D. while
2. A. walked B. climbed C. pulled D. jumped
3. A. able B. unable C. suitable D. unsuitable
4. A. disability B. possession C. convenience D. experience
5. A. So B. For C. Or D. Yet
6. A. sharing B. separating C. fearing D. exploiting
7. A. terrible B. similar C. wonderful D. practical
8. A. wrote for B. cared for C. hoped for D. sent for
9. A. medical B. postal C. experimental D. mental
10 A. news B. paper C. equipment D. mail
11. A. patients B. a family C. nurses D. a group
12. A. effect B. effort C. comfort D. explanation
13. A. encourage B. express C. control D. treat
14. A. cry B. laugh C. chat D. sigh
15. A. much B. never C. even D. seldom
16. A. bitterly B. fairly C. weakly D. successfully
17. A. here B. there C. therefore D. forward
18. A. driving B. flying C. running D. riding
19. A. technical B. different C. difficult D. valuable
20. A. nearby B. close C. busy D. alive
1—5 CDBAD 6—10 ACBAD 11—15 BCABC 16—20 DADCB