发布时间：2016-09-21 来源：新东方在线 发布人：young
基本规律 (Basic rules)
1. Indefinite article (不定冠词)
我们用 "a , an " 当我们不知道他是诸多人或事中的哪一个：
* is one of many. ( 是许多个中的一个)
He is an artist.(=there are many artists)
* is not unique. (不是唯一的)
I have just bought a book来自www.Examw.com
* has not been mentioned before. (之前没有提到过)
There was a new student in class today.
2. Definite article (定冠词)
我们用 " the " 当我们知道他是诸多人或事中的哪一个：
* is unique (or unique in that context) (是唯一的)
The Australian Prime Minister. (=there is only one)
I looked inside, the engine was in a terrible state. (=there is only one engine, in this case)
* has been mentioned before. (之前提到过)
The man gave me a ticket. I looked at it, and saw that the ticket was a single.
* is defined by the phrase which follows it. (要被接下来的短语详细说明)
What is the new student's name?
经常发生问题的区域 (Areas that often cause problems)
1. Jobs (工作)
如果有许多人做这个工作我们用 a 或 an.：
My husband is an architect. (=there are many architects)
He is having talks with the French foreign minister(外交部长). (=there is only one)
2. Superlative (最高级)
She is the best person for the job.
3. Last and next
有一些形容词如 “last” 和 “next ”同时可以用也可以不用定冠词“the”但是句意会发生变化
I saw James last night. (=the one before this one)
It is the last night of our holiday. (=the fanal one)
I will see you next week.(=the one after this one)
4. Institutions: school, prison, university, church, home, hospital
My sister had to stay in hospital overnight.
Our flat is opposite the hospital.