发布时间：2017-05-02 来源：新东方在线 发布人：继续
He has been called the “missing link”. Half-man, half beast. He is supposed to live in the highest mountain in the world—Mount Everest.
He is known as the Abominable Snowman. The 1 of the Snowman has been around for 2 . Climbers in the 1920s reported finding marks like those of human feet high up on the side of Mount Everest. The native people said they 3 this creature and called it the “Yeti,” and they said that they had 4 caught Yetis on two occasions 5 none has ever been produced as evidence.
Over the years, the story of the Yetis has 6 . In 1951, Eric Shipton took photographs of a set of tracks in the snow of Everest. Shipton believed that they were not 7 the tracks of a monkey or bear and 8 that the Abominable Snow man might really 9 .
Further efforts have been made to find out about Yetis. But the only things people have ever found were 10 footprints. Most believe the footprints are nothing more than 11 animal tracks, which had been made 12 as they melted and refroze in the snow. 13 , in 1964, a Russian scientist said that the Abominable Snowman was 14 and was a remaining link with the prehistoric humans. But, 15 , no evidence has ever 16 been produced.
These days, only a few people continue to take the story of the Abominable Snowman 17 . But if they ever 18 catching one, they may face a real 19 : Would they put it in a 20 or give it a room in a hotel?
1. A. event B. story C. adventure D. description
2. A. centuries B. too long C. some time D. many years
3. A. heard from B. cared for C. knew of D. read about
4. A. even B. hardly C. certainly D. probably
5. A. as B. though C. when D. until
6. A. developed B. changed C. occurred D. continued
7. A. entirely B. naturally C. clearly D. simply
8. A. found B. declared C. felt D. doubted
9. A. exist B. escape C. disappear D. return
10. A. clearer B. more C. possible D. rare
11. A. huge B. recent C. ordinary D. frightening
12. A. strange B. large C. deep D. rough
13. A. In the end B. Therefore C. After all D. However
14. A. imagined B. real C. special D. familiar
15. A. so B. besides C. again D. instead
16. A. rightly B. actually C. Normally D. particularly
17. A. lightly B. jokingly C. seriously D. properly
18. A. succeed in B. insist on C. depend on D. join in
19. A. decision B. situation C. subject D. problem
20. A. zoo B. mountain C. museum D. laboratory