发布时间：2017-05-26 来源：新东方在线 发布人：young
由两个或两个以上互不依从的主谓结构构成的句子称为并列句，各并列分句间用and, but, so, or等连词连接，可以是并列、转折、因果、选择等关系
1. 最典型的并列连词有：and, but, or, so, yet, for
I have studied English for almost 12 years, yet my spoken English is still very poor.
I was going to the cinema, but I lost my way.
We cann’t get there at time for we have been out of gas.
not only…but (also), not only…but…(as well), both…and,
either…or, neither…nor, too…to,
such(…)as, the same….as, between…and
as well as(注意和副词as well相区别), (not) so…as
as… as, not so much A as B(与其说A不如说B)
so/such a … that
1. The Empire State Building, once America’s tallest, is now surpassed by both the Sears Tower in Chicago and the World Trade Center in New York.
2. Clocks not only measure and tell time but also serve as decoration in homes and other buildings.
3. A jewel is an ornament fashioned from precious metals or stones, either alone or in combination.
4. The boy is too young to lift this box.
5. According to psychologists, a person’s attentions is attracted not so much by the intensity of different signal as by their context, significance and information content.
According to cognitive theories of emotion, anger occurs when individuals believe have been harmed and that the harm was either avoidable and undeserved.
解释：both...and...是固定搭配, 表示两者都, either应与or搭配,表或者
Providence, Rhode Island, is a busy manufacturing city and seaport, as well the state capital.
应改为：as well as the.
解释：as well as固定词组, 表示也……，as well也有此意, 但只能修饰动词, 多放在句尾
Too much electric current may flow into a circuit as a result either of a fault in the circuit and of an outside event such as lightning.
解释：either… or…为固定搭配, 表示或者, 或是.