发布时间：2017-05-31 来源：新东方在线 发布人：继续
1.●abandon v. 放弃，遗弃，抛弃 abandon the baby/ child/ friend
abandon the plan/ idea/ effort/ hope
abandon oneself to 陷入，沉湎于 He abandoned himself to despair.
2. ◎ability n. 能力; 才能 the ability to walk 行走的能力
to the best of one’s ability 竭尽全力 He completed the job to the best of his ability.
3.●abnormal adj.不正常的，畸形的，反常的 They thought his behavior was abnormal.
4. ◎aboard prep. adv.在船(飞机，火车)上，上船(飞机，轮船)
all the people aboard 机上的人
5. about prep关于，ad 大约，到处
a) be about to do sth…(when) I was about to go out when it began to rain.
b) look about/around/round c) How/What about…询问情况或建议
6 . above prep 在…上面 above all 首先;尤其
7. abroad ad.到(在)国外 a) go /study /live abroad b) at home and abroad在国内外
8. ●absence n. 不在，缺席
absence from work/ school The decision was made in my absence.
in the absence of 在缺少…条件下 The case was dismissed in the absence of proof.
9. ◎absent adj. 缺席的，不在的 be absent from absent-minded adj. 心不在焉的
10. ◎absorb vt. 1) 吸收，吸进(液体，气体等) 2) 理解，掌握
absorb ink/ water/ neat/ light/ oxygen/ sound/ energy
absorb information/ knowledge be absorbed in 专注于，聚精会神于…
11.●abuse v / n. 滥用，谩骂 abuse alcohol/ drugs 酗酒 /嗜毒
abuse power/ position/ privilege 滥用权力/职权/特权
12. accept vt.
accept the gift /invitation /plan accept sb/sth as…
The only access to the farm was a narrow bridge.
Only high officials have access to the emperor.
We students have access to the school library.
accessible adj. 可进入的，可接近的，可使用的
Such information is not easily accessible to the public.
14. accident n.事故，意外的事
by accident/chance 偶然，无意中;不小心
15. ●accompany v. 陪伴，伴随，伴奏 accompany sb. to the school/ supermarket
accompany the singer on / at the piano Lightening usually accompanies thunder.
16. ●accomplish v. 完成，到达，实现 accomplishment n. 成就，成绩
accomplish the task/ purpose/ goal
17. according to 根据 According to the law, he should be sentenced to death.
18. ◎accuse vt. 指控，指责 accuse sb of (doing ) sth 控告…
19.● accustomed adj. 习惯的，适应的，惯常的
be/ get/ become accustomed to doing He was soon accustomed to getting up early.
20. ache vi./n headache / toothache My back aches so much.
21. achieve vt 达到;取得 achievement n 成就
achieve success/victory/one’s goal;
22.◎achievement n. 成就，业绩;完成(任务等) make great achievements
23.●acknowledge v. 承认，致谢
It is generally acknowledged that global warming is caused by greenhouse gases.
Yaoming is acknowledged as/ to be the best player in China.
I acknowledged financial support from the local government.
24. across prep cross v. I walked across the street.; cross a street; come/run across碰到
25. act n.法令，条例 vt.表演，扮演，行动，做事
act as 充当;扮演 act out 把…表演出来
26. action n. 行动 take action to do sth put sth into action 把…付诸实施
27. active adj. 积极的;主动的 take an active part in /be active in 积极参加
28.◎activity n. 活动 outdoor activities 户外运动
29.actual a.实际的 actually adv. in (actual) fact 实际上
30●adapt vi. 适应，适合，改编 vt. 使适应 adapt to change /the city life
adapt oneself to the new surroundings adapt the novel for a film adaptation n. 适应
31. add vt 添加，增加，补充说(that)
add(…)to 添加 add up 把…加在一起 add up to总计为; 总数为
a) His illness added to our trouble. b) He added that he would come again.
c) Please add these figures up. d) These numbers add up to 100.
e) He added some salt to the water.
32. address n.地址 vt.写地址;向…讲话(尤指演讲)
address the letter to sb. 给某人寄信 The letter was wrongly addressed.
The president addressed the public.
33.●adjust vt. 调整，调节，适应 adjust your speed /the volume/ the camera
adjust to the dark/ the single life adjust yourself to the student life adjustment n. 调整，调节
34. admire v 钦佩.;羡慕
admire sb for sth I admire John for his courage.