发布时间：2017-04-27 来源：新东方在线 发布人：继续
The sculpture, a plastic bottle of melted ice from Antarctic, was the creation of the American-born artist and writer Wayne Hill.
But one light-fingered (善于扒窃的), and maybe 1 visitor to the exhibition may have 2 the point that the sculpture was intended to be a strong 3 on the danger of global 4 . The visitor is believed to have 5 the piece 6 considering the danger to the Antarctic icecap.
The police have been 7 to look into the mystery of the 8 water bottle, which disappeared at a festival at Dartington Hall in southern Devon. They are not sure if the thief knew the water was 9 of a sculpture and drank it as a 10 or if he 11 it for an ordinary bottle of water. Officers 12 say that someone 13 think the piece was just a/n 14 bottle and threw it away.
It was Wayne Hill who brought back two litres of melted ice from the west Antarctic and designed a bottle to 15 it. A notice on the bottle described where the water was from and 16 the words: “Weapon of Mass Destruction”, because of the 17 that melting icecap could bring.
Hill said, “ 18 the fact that it was designed to look like an ordinary object, it was clearly 19 out as an exhibit (展品). If you put something on a base, people usually 20 it as a piece of art and treat it with respect.” Hill said he was considering making another identical piece.
1. A. thirsty B. curious C. frightened D. surprised
2. A. missed B. realized C. discussed D. grasped
3. A. desire B. anxiety C. comment D. belief
4. A. change B. warming C. pollution D. climate
5. A. bought B. drunk C. seen D. loved
6. A. instead of B. as for C. more than D. except for
7. A. called up B. called out C. called off D. called in
8. A. boring B. puzzling C. inviting D. missing
9. A. part B. origin C. material D. content
10. A. pleasure B. joke C. gift D. prize
11. A. changed B. took C. provided D. stole
12. A. only B. still C. also D. hardly
13. A. must B. had to C. should D. might
14. A. empty B. useless C. broken D. ugly
15. A. save B. store C. fill D. hold
16. A. included B. contained C. wrote D. said
17. A. hardship B. disaster C. suffering D. harm
18. A. As a result of B. In spite of C. In the face of D. Due to
19. A. pointed B. made C. shown D. marked
20. A. keep B. think C. recognize D. admit