发布时间：2017-05-02 来源：学而思网校 发布人：继续
John Perry stood up and looked around again. The island had been a good place to find shells. But now how could he make the 1 move out to sea…? If they swam out to sea he could jump in and get to shore 2 they saw him.
He saw the sharks rolling and playing. Their 3 was now gone and they were killing for fun. How could he make them move away?
He drew his knife from his belt. Sharks can 4 blood, he thought. He put the knife against his leg and cut deep into the 5 . The blood ran out and he caught it on his white shirt. When the shirt was red and wet he tied some cloth around his leg to 6 the flow of blood. He then tied a long piece of cloth to the shirt, threw it into the water and 7 it with the piece of cloth.
The sharks smelled the blood and came 8 toward the shirt. He ran down the sand reef pulling the shirt and the sharks raced after it. He was 9 them away from shore. Suddenly he dropped the cloth, turned toward the 10 and ran as fast as he could. He jumped in the water and swam.
He was halfway across 11 he turned to look back. A high bony fin (鳍) was 12 through the water toward him. He put his face in the water and kicked and splashed himself 13 as fast as he could. The shore was near now.
He lifted his head again to 14 and he saw the shore very near. From behind he left the water rush toward him, almost pushing him, helping him. And then a great gray body hit him and almost rolled him over in the water. He touched the shore with 15 and he pulled himself up the stones. The shark, 16 by the smell of blood and the chase (追逐), went wildly after him. Its great body crashed against 17 .
The end came quickly and the water was covered with the shark’s blood. The injured shark was eaten up 18 by others as it tried to escape.
Perry slowly struggled 19 his feet.
“So,” he said, “you did not get me.” And he looked down at the sharks still eating 20 they weren’t hungry. He climbed up the stones and walked toward the village.
1. A. boats B. sharks C. soldiers D. shells
2. A. before B. after C. until D. when
3. A. food B. hunger C. anger D. wish
4. A. fear B. taste C. drink D. smell
5. A. sand B. shark C. flesh D. mat
6. A. stop B. keep C. join D. cause
7. A. pulled B. wrapped C. connected D. caught
8. A. running B. racing C. swimming D. jumping
9. A. driving B. keeping C. preventing D. leading
10. A. sea B. shore C. island D. sand
11. A. before B. while C. unless D. when
12. A. going B. running C. cutting D. swimming
13. A. forward B. backward C. upward D. downward
14. A. cry B. breathe C. swim D. escape
15. A. his feet B. a stick C. his fingers D. the shirt
16. A. interested B. frightened C. disappointed D. excited
17. A. the shore B. Perry C. the stones D. the shells
18. A. lively B. alive C. dead D. friendly
19. A. on B. by C. to D. with
20. A. as though B. even though C. as soon as D. as long as