发布时间：2017-05-04 来源：新东方在线 发布人：继续
"You will meet a man in the theatre foyer," K. explained. "He will have left before the play ends and will be 1 for you. He'll be wearing a dark suit and carrying a theatre 2 upside down, although I doubt if you could miss him. There shouldn't be many people waiting in the foyer at that time of night. 3 he asks you to do, whatever instructions you’re given, co-operate. Understood?" I nodded. I knew of course that we were planning to have discussions with "the other side" and that we intended to 4 back one of our own men, but all this seemed a bit ridiculous. I had been told at the training school that I would be likely to get some simple but rather strange 5 to begin with. They had been 6 .
The curtain had 7 come down on the last act of the play when I was out of my 8 and walking from the dark of the theatre into the bright lights of the foyer. He was there. But the moment I saw him, I had the 9 that something unpleasant was about to happen. He seemed to be 10 at a spot on the floor, and looked as if he was just about to pick something up when 11 was a single gun shot and he was thrown 12 the wall. The warning signs had obviously got to me 13 I realized consciously what was going to happen, because I had 14 in a cold sweat on seeing the expression on his 15 . The moment the shot rang out, I automatically fell back on my training and threw myself to the 16 .
When no more shots followed, I looked 17 and was just in time to see two masked men 18 my "contact" out of the front door of the theatre. I didn't know 19 he was dead or badly injured, but I intended to find out. I got up slowly and carefully and 20 for the door.
1. A. looking B. waiting C. asking D. sending
2. A. post B. advertisement C. programme D. newspaper
3. A. Whatever B. Whoever C. However D. Whichever
4. A. give B. pay C. keep D. buy
5. A. assignments B. arrangements C. movements D. developments
6. A. wrong B. right C. foolish D. clever
7. A. just B. almost C. hardly D. nearly
8. A. room B. door C. box D. seat
9. A. idea B. feeling C. opinion D. thought
10. A. staring B. glaring C. knocking D. kicking
11. A. it B. there C. here D. this
12. A. around B. against C. on D. into
13. A. when B. until C. before D. after
14. A. given out B. burst out C. set out D. broken out
15. A. face B. eyes C. mind D. head
16. A. ground B. wall C. air D. corner
17. A. in B. round C. up D. down
18. A. bringing B. throwing C. dragging D. pushing
19. A. where B. if C. either D. whether
20. A. ran B. set C. walked D. made