发布时间：2016-03-07 来源：环球网校 发布人：wyznl
1. Even in a highly modernized country, manual work is still needed.
A. expressive B. physical C. exaggerated D. dubious
2. Techniques to harness the energy of the sun are being developed.
A. convert B. store C. utilise D. receive
3. Many residents of apartment complexes object to noisy neighbors.
A. managers B. occupants C. landlords D. caretakers
4. The steadily rising cost of labor on the waterfront has greatly increased the cost of shipping cargo by water.
A. continuously B. quickly C. excessively D. exceptionally
5. Hundreds of years ago cloves were used to remedy headaches.
A. disrupt B. diagnose C. evaporate D. cure
6. John Hanson helped draft instructions for Maryland's delegates to the Stamp Act Congress.
A. clarify B. formulate C. revise D. contribute
7. Practically all species of animals communicate either through sounds or through a large repertory of soundless codes.
A. Simultaneously B. Almost C. Absolutely D. Basically
8. Sulphur has occasionally been found in the earth in an almost pure state.
A. regularly B. accidentally C. sometimes D. successfully
9. When doves are about two weeks old, they are covered with grey feathers and are ready to try their wings.
A. grow B. wrap C. hide D. test