发布时间：2017-05-05 来源：中学网校 发布人：继续
While the rest of the world is sleeping, my dad is dragging my warm covers off me so we won’t be late for my 6 a.m. ice hockey game. What started as a 1 is now my profession passion (a strong liking), and 2 of it would be possible without my dad.
“Let’s go, Brendan. You can do it!” 3 like that does not go unnoticed. Every game, no matter what the result, my dad 4 says “Good game.” and “You looked great out there.” I’m 5 , knowing that even if I make a mistake or 6 poorly, my dad will still be there for me. 7 is one of the greatest things anyone can have. My dad is my support, without 8 me to become something I’m not. It was my dream to play hockey, and he just 9 me.
As I get older, 10 becomes fiercer. Each season brings a new schedule (plan) with more than thirty games, which my dad eagerly 11 . He gets as nervous as I do, but somehow 12 in his seat and keeps 13 . He wants to yell (shout in excitement) and scream like most hockey parents, 14 he is different. 15 each game, we sit down to eat and go over things to work 16 in the future. Usually he only tells me how proud he is of me. 17 all those early-morning games and later-afternoon skates with Dad, I realize how lucky I am to 18 him. It’s not easy getting up and driving to rinks (溜冰场) at all hours. My dad not only does that, but also helps me realize my dreams. I make sure that every game he attends, I play my 19 , just to show him those 6 a.m. 20 did me some good.
1. A. gift B. job C. habit D. hobby
2. A. any B. none C. all D. some
3. A. Encouragement B. Promise C. Advice D. Instruction
4. A. never B. always C. seldom D. sometimes
5. A. comfortable B. confident C. anxious D. afraid
6. A. run B. practice C. learn D. play
7. A. Support B. Help C. Love D. Trust
8. A. allowing B. forbidding C. forcing D. wishing
9. A. taught B. guided C. ordered D. noticed
10. A. situation B. condition C. direction D. competition
11. A. joins B. plays C. attends D. presents
12. A. rocks B. jumps C. swings D. trembles
13. A. quiet B. still C. cool D. happy
14. A. therefore B. because C. so D. but
15. A. Before B. After C. Beyond D. Over
16. A. with B. for C. on D. off
17. A. Forgetting B. Hating C. Reminding D. Enjoying
18. A. get B. have C. meet D. know
19. A. best B. worst C. quickest D. cleverest
20. A. exercises B. sports C. movements D. games