发布时间：2017-05-31 来源：新东方在线 发布人：继续
1. mad adj. 发疯的;生气的; drive sb. mad/crazy; go mad/crazy;
be mad at/ with sb. about …因…和…生气
2. mail n./ vt. send a letter by mail /post; mail sth to sb/ mail sb sth
3. main adj. mainly adv. the main road / course
4. major 1) adj. 较大的 主要的 a major road
2) n. 主修课程;专业课 主修某专业的学生 When I was at university, English was my major. In other words, I was an English major.
3) vi. 主修… I majored in English.
5. majority n. the / a majority of … The / A majority of people interviewed prefer TV to radio.
6. make v. 1) 制造 做make sth. into…把…制成… be made into
make sth. (out) of… --- be make of… make sth. from… --- be made from…
2) make coffee/tea 煮咖啡/沏茶; make the bed 铺床
3) make yourself heard/ understand (使你自己被听到/理解)
make sb do sth----sb be made to do (使某人做某事)
She made him her assistant. (任命)
4)link-v 成为 She will make a good mother. This room would make a nice office.
5) make money/ a fortune/ a living
6) make it 获得成功;幸免于难,渡过难关;准时到达;能够出席到场
He will never really make it as an actor. 作为演员他永远不会真正的成功.
The doctors think he’s going to make it. 医生们认为他能挺过去.
I’m sorry I won’t be able to make it on Sunday. 很抱歉, 星期天我不能到场.
7) make the most of… 充分利用 8) make out 辨别清楚; 理解,明白
I could just made out a figure in the darkness. I can’t make out what she wants.
9) make up 组成; 编造; 补上(for);化妆; 和好
Can I leave early this afternoon and make up the time tomorrow?
Has he made up with her yet? 他跟她和好了吗?