发布时间：2017-05-02 来源：新东方在线 发布人：继续
In Mr. Allen’s high school class, all the students have to “get married”. However, the wedding ceremonies are not real ones but imitations (模拟). These ceremonies sometimes become so noisy that the loud laughter 1 out the voice of the “minister”. 2 the two students getting married often begin to laugh quietly.
The teacher, Mr. Allen, believes that marriage is a difficult and 3 business. He wants young people to understand that there must be many 4 after marriage. He believes that the 5 for these psychological and financial adjustments (心理和财政调整) should be understood before people 6 .
Mr. Allen doesn’t only 7 his students to major problems faced 8 marriage such as illness or unemployment. He also lets them know the 9 problems they will face every day. He wants young people to know about all the difficulties and troubles that can throw marriage to the 10 point. He even familiarizes his students with the problems of divorce (离婚) and the 11 that divorced men must pay child 12 money for their children and sometimes pay monthly some money to their 13 .
It has been nervous for some of the students to 14 the problems that a married couple often faces. 15 they took the course, they had not felt much 16 about the problems of marriage. 17 both students and parents feel that Mr. Allen’s course is 18 and have supported the 19 publicly. Their statements and letters supporting the class have made the school more firmly believe that it’s necessary to 20 the course again.
1. A. makes B. drowns C. dies D. takes
2. A. Just B. Yet C. Still D. Even
3. A. funny B. terrible C. serious D. beautiful
4. A. changes B. events C. choices D. children
5. A. way B. need C. possibility D. chance
6. A. graduate B. teach C. learn D. marry
7. A. lead B. put C. introduce D. explain
8. A. to B. in C. against D. on
9. A. practical B. painful C. physical D. proper
10. A. boiling B. freezing C. breaking D. melting
11. A. truth B. fact C. view D. reason
12. A. support B. medicine C. education D. care
13. A. parents B. lawyers C. wives D. families
14. A. settle B. see C. face D. forget
15. A. Since B. When C. Until D. After
16. A. excited B. satisfied C. disappointed D. worried
17. A. However B. Therefore C. Indeed D. Besides
18. A. worthless B. valuable C. interesting D. tiring
19. A. marriage B. problem C. course D. content
20. A. improve B. stop C. continue D. offer